Friendly House Announcement: Now Offering Full-Day, Year-Round Preschool!
Enrollment opens April 3.
Friendly House has educated Portland’s children for generations, fostering values of community and lifelong learning with a half-day program. We are proud to announce the launch of our first full-day year-round class, starting in September 2017!
Friendly House Preschool is based on the belief that children need an individualized early childhood education program, focused on each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. We provide an environment for children’s growing social interactions and promote cooperation and problem-solving skills, as well as kindergarten readiness.
Our preschool program includes:
- High teacher-to-child ratio (3 teachers to a class of 20 children).
- Welcoming classrooms, a spacious gym, and an outdoor garden
- Weekly parent newsletter highlighting that week’s curriculum and activities.
- Developmental screenings for children.
- Strong partnership with the NW Library, including monthly visits from the librarian and weekly book bags to take home.
- Homemade snacks and meals
- Neighborhood field trips.
- Family socials and parent-teacher conferences.
We embrace diversity—our tuition is based on a sliding fee scale with scholarships available. Subsidized enrollment is available for those who qualify.
We offer one full-day class (3 or 5 days a week; days flexible on 3-day option) and one half-day morning class (4 or 5 days per week, either Tuesday-Friday or Monday-Friday). Each class has a capacity of 20 students, led by three preschool teachers.
Full-Day Class, Year-Round
7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. | 3-day: Days Flexible | 5-day: Mon–Fri
Half-Day Morning Class, September to June
8-11:30 a.m. | 4-day: Tue–Fri | 5-day: Mon–Fri
How to Apply
Parents interested in enrolling in Friendly House Preschool can apply online by visiting our preschool website: friendlyhouseinc.org/preschool. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 503-228-4391 to set up a tour!